I want to overclock my xp 2000 + palamino

Discussion in 'Overclocking & Cooling' started by IGDIABLO, Jan 30, 2004.

1. IGDIABLO

IGDIABLO Geek Trainee

i need help and advise with overclocking my cpu, my specs are:

300w psu with noise killer & thermal control
    Jetway v600 mobo
    Amd athlon xp 2000+ palamino 266 fsb
    512 ddr 400
    geforce fx 5200 128mb ddr
    1 x seagate baracuda 80gb 7200 rpm hdd
    1 x seagate 80gb 5400rpm hdd
    ricoh 4x dvd burner
    standard 16x dvd rom

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, try upping the FSB some. Also, don't expect a very high OC from the chip as it's toward the upper limits of the core. If that board is like the rest of the KT600 ones, you're not looking at anything that's very friendly toward overclocking.

I've got an XP2000+ Palimino myself, and it's never been that great of an overclocker, and my current Gigabyte board doesn't lend itself to being a real overclocking platform.

3. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

What Big B said :) Also, that PSU isn't exactly overclocker friendly either. "Noise Friendly" PSUs usually just mean that the fans in are on +5v circuits instead of +12v, as they should be. And 300w may be a little low for a Palamino overclock; they tend to need very steady voltage in order to clock up and still maintain stability. I'd check out a 400w or better Enermax or Antec PSU. Enermax PSUs are great for serious OCing. They have great power rails, and have fan speed control knobs on the back of the unit so you can turn the RPMs down for less noise and up for better cooling.

4. misunoko

misunoko Geek Trainee

your cpu(xp 2000 + palamino) get very hot very easy even at a low fsb i recomend you use a GOOD heat sink and fan for this overclock