Idiot-proof Page editor...

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Waffle, Oct 31, 2005.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

ok basically my newest client ;) wants to be able to update pages on his site, regularly, and also add images etc. Now in my experience, this can only be done with knowledge of how to login to Cpanel/FTP, open the file, edit it in code view, upload images in the correct directories, then reload it back on to the server.

I need an exceptionally simple CMS system...basically he needs to be able to access an Admin CP (I've got registration sorted :O), which in turn gives controls, such as

Add News | Moderate Comments | Delete Users

etc etc etc
    This is pretty easy to achieve, and adding news isn't a problem due to a friendly userface in the script I'm using.

However, if he wants to say upload images and add them to pages..this is going to cause problems as he has no knowledege of code.

Stuff like PHPNuke, Mambo etc are out of the question..far too bloated with stuff that won't get used.

Any suggestions? I'm just about ready to tell him that unless he can code, he will mess up the site, but I figured I'd ask here first.

Thanks for any recommendations.

2. Addis

Addis The King

Adding images will be a bit awkward. Maybe an upload feature in the cpanel and use a function to give a code snippet to insert into the news he wants to add?

This might cause problems if he builds up too many images and can't remove them.

3. computerboff

computerboff Geek Trainee

Try http://www.fckeditor.com This may be a bit complicated, although it only replaces the Textarea, but it has File & photo upload built in.

Hope This Helps