IE Market Share Drops to Lowest Level in Years

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Impotence, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

"Browser market share figures for September were released yesterday, and the numbers showed a big dip for Internet Explorer, as it dropped to just 82.10%, its lowest market share figure in years. Ars Technica notes that 'it's no surprise that Internet Explorer has been losing ground steadily over the past couple of years. There have been no significant innovations in the browser since XP SP2 was released over two years ago, and most of those were security tweaks.' Firefox grew from 10.77% in June to 12.46% while Safari jumped to its highest figure ever, 3.53%. I wonder how the release of Firefox 2.0 and IE 7 later this month will change the game?"

Source: Slashdot | IE Market Share Drops to Lowest Level in Years
    Article: http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061010-7949.html

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Go go IE Go.....................Down...V :D

3. viper

viper Geek

No wonder, IE really could do with that update, everyone these days is using Firefox or some other web browser, IE has nohing different, its useless. At least thats what I think anway, what about everyone else?

4. Milanche

Milanche Geek

Hmmm... I think those 82.10% are te stupid ones, 12.46% geeks, and 3.53% are people filled with money. :)

5. zeus

zeus out of date

I always used IE until recently. Its crashes all the time for me now.
    Though Firefox bookmarks never seem to work for me. Thats the only advantage of IE in my case.

I wonder where opera stands? It was my second choice over IE only it wouldnt let me update McAfee so it got the boot.

6. Addis

Addis The King

Zeus there seems to be something definately wrong with your computer. It's probably nothing to do with firefox that you're having those problems, millions of people use it. I would at least do a reinstall, as problems like that could mean that there is something else going on.