Image resizing software

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Crusha19, Jun 6, 2006.

1. Crusha19

Crusha19 Aspiring Poker Player

Hey I am looking for some software, preferably free, that will allow me to resize images. I mainly want to make pictures larger without them getting all pixelated. Does anyone know of any software that will allow me to do this? Thank you in advance.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Pretty much any image editor will allow you to resize. The problem is what you're starting out with. An image can resize a little larger without looking like crap, but due to the smaller amount of pixels, resizing to a much larger picture simply isn't possible. You're making the same amount of pixels cover a larger area. You want some software that will add the pixels in, and there really isn't any.

3. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

try the GIMP image editor

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

I'd go with GIMP (my personal favorite) or maybe Picasa by Google. But B is right, you cannot make pictures bigger than they are without making them look blurry, because you are effectively "stretching" a small bit of image data over a larger area.

6. donkey42

donkey42 plank

theres a few freeware ones here but the general consensous is GIMP so here it is

7. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Gimp is pretty competitive as far as features go to Photoshop, but Irfanview might be a bit less complex.