Image Rollovers

Discussion in 'Web Design & Programming' started by Matt555, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I've been making image rollovers, decided to make a new header and make some image rollovers for my website. Exfoliate (and anyone else on dial up), the file sizes shouldn't be too big, I did try and keep them to a minimum.

http://www.matt-brunt.com/

What do you think?

2. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Looks excellent mate, loads quick too, no probs:) Nice little rollover state you have there but if you want you could add a new rollover state for when the link/button is clicked on. Just for more wizzbang appeal but that's just me, I lover rollovers. Lookin' great man:good:

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah I thought about that, I may do it, but I can't think what I want to happen when the user clicks the image.

4. Addis

Addis The King

Looks very sleek Matt, :good:

5. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Thanks, I think I'll leave the image that'll be showed when the button is clicked, I don't have any ideas on what to make for that and I think it's fine as it is.

6. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

Very nice Matt. Slick and loads straight away

7. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Thanks, I tried to keep file sizes down - I was going to do a whole animated header but decided not to, once made the file size was nearing 1MB.

Heh. Soon I hope to read a bit more on PHP and make a user system, but for now the forums are there.

8. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

yeah I guess it's better to keep the rollovers clean and simple like you have them, they're real good and are probably better off without the extra baggage like you thought.

9. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I may try something soon to se how it turns out.
    [ot]My site is being really weird in FF on my computer, other people are having no problems whatsoever but on certain pages it just refuses to load, it loads half the header images and then just gives up and stops, strange as it works fine in Opera (what I'm using now) and Internet Explorer.[/ot]

10. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Works fine in Apple's Safari for what it's worth.

11. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

I may stick with Opera for a while, I forgot how quick it is, just things like scrolling are so smooth. I'll give it a try with FF again another day...

Hopefully I'll have a user system for the site soon. I'll have to read a few more tutorials first though.