In-house review: Prey

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Big B, Sep 2, 2006.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yes, I've got it finished and finally published, my Prey is up and ready for reading. Here's a snippet:

A separate, but key feature, is deathwalk. This comes into play once Tommy is introduced to spiritwalking. In traditional games, when your life meter hits zero, your character dies and you reload the last saved game. Deathwalk bypasses this by sending you to a battleground to shoot wraiths to restore your health and spirit power. Without a real threat of death, you're more likely to act like a kamikazee once you acquire spiritwalking. While the built in save system is pretty regular, you're unlikely to reload a save, since death has lost a lot of threat it does in other games.

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

That's a great review! Good work :)

3. UnSeEn

UnSeEn Mayor McCheese

Agreed! Prey was an excellent game, excelling (in my opinion) games like Doom 3 and Quake 4 by a long-shot. Can anyone post reviews in the "Content" section of the site? I'd love to review some newer games.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Great review B, easy to follow and informative without feeling too long or overly detailed. It looks like a great game for me as I'm not really into being challenged to the point of frustration due to far away save points and whatnot. Weapons and the enviroment look great and seem like a lot of fun. One question: are those screen shots (kudo's for having so many!) taken using your rig on medium detail settings? If so they look pretty damn sweet for medium.

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup. 1024x768 @ medium. The southwest outdoor environments were sweet, but I had other things to address than just go nuts over the view.

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

That's quite amazing, I thought they were on high and from some other site until I saw the HWF's address on top. Very impressive. Gives me hope for my system.

7. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

that was good pretty good, Big B i had no idea you played games

8. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Oh, yeah, I love FPS. Mostly ones where you just shoot anything that moves...like Quake 4 or Serious Sam. :D I've been playing a lot of older games like Unreal and Unreal Tournament (the original, not the 2003-2004 crap).

I think I about burned myself out on writing, and then I was dating so a lot of my free time was used up to say the least. I wish I had more stuff to do, but I'll probably just be copying most of my old articles over to the new database.

9. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

lol yeah i know how that is