Intel's 3.46EE Review at HardOCP

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by ninja fetus, Nov 2, 2004.

1. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

"
    Intel's 3.46EE with 1066 FSB and 925XE : Intel's first Pentium 4 with a 1066MHz front side bus makes its debut at 3.46GHz with the supporting chipset, the Intel 925XE. Will a big kick in the bus turn our Pentium 4 back into the gaming leader it used to be?"

:eek:

Gallatin core...hmm...Sounds like AMD is gonna have to kick it up a notch?

Or not. Look at the benchmarks. Looks like intel is stil struggling to produce a superior chip to the 64's :swt:

"This Gallatin core CPU that houses the 3.46EE is simply hot. It runs hot and the motherboards that support it will run hot. Components on our Intel motherboard were showing surface temperatures of 150°F. While this is not as bad as some of the Prescott systems we have seen, it is certainly hotter than the AMD systems we are familiar with. If you are an enthusiast, there is simply no way we can suggest that you overclock any of the newer Pentium 4s without using some sort of watercooling. Remember that watercooling is going to greatly reduce air movement across the motherboard. So if you are watercooling, remember to place some fans in order to keep a supply of hopefully cool air moving across the motherboard’s northbridge HSF and MOSFETs."

Well, that just plain sucks. Atleast the HyperThreading has one thing goin for them, multitasking

More here

2. Addis

Addis The King

Yes i read an article on hardware analysis and it was nothing new. Just an FSB bump and some extra heat, nothing much in terms of performance.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Yeah, and it's kinda pointless, because there isnt' even fast enough ram for that FSB!

4. Addis

Addis The King

Yeah. I thought Intel stopped playing the Mhz game but this is just a rather cheap and pointless attempt to try and beat the A64s in features.