Internal Monitor Cable?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Surge89, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Surge89

Surge89 Geek Trainee

Recently my monitor cable broke, So apart came the case and I found the wire split up into three different wires.

What I want to know, Is, Is there someone where I can buy replacement monitor cables?

An image of the cable is attached!

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Is this the end that's attached the the actual monitor itself?

Is it a CRT monitor, if it is be very careful, you can get nasty shocks from a CRT screen, they should never be worked on by untrained people.

3. Surge89

Surge89 Geek Trainee

Yes, This is the end that attaches to the monitor end, And thankfully my Dad was a television engineer for a large part of his life, and is now in another electronic career. So we are safe :D

4. maverick25

maverick25 Geek Trainee

Did you have any joy with the monitor cable? I have a similar problem now. Had the system un-assembled, the monitor was on the floor and the pup chewed the cable. It is a good HP LCD monitor and the VGA cable is hardwired. It would be a shame to loose the monitor just because of the cable.

5. Surge89

Surge89 Geek Trainee

Sorry, I had no luck finding one. I purchased a new monitor from ebay, only £5 so it wasn't to bad. If you do happen to come accross someone who stocks them, do tell =]