iPod Video Battery life??

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Mack, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Mack

Mack Big Geek

Hi,
    A friend of mine just bought a 30GB iPod video from Best Buy. The sales person there told him that it is recommended to buy Best Buy's extended warranty for 3 years (Apple's warranty last's one year). The reason was quite strange, according to him the battery of iPod's die after a period of one year and its costs more than $100 to replace them. With this warranty he could do it for free.
    I have an iPod video too, but i did not get the extended warranty. Now is this battery life of one year correct or not???

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Originally, there were some issues with the first iPods and the battery life. I'm not entirely sure that's a remaining issue or not, as I think Apple has since fixed this (consumer backlash can be pretty brutal).

3. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Yeah with earlier iPods the battery life would deplete after about a year, meaning it would hold about 50% of it's charge conpared to when first bought, I'm not sure if this is as much of an issue with newer iPods but certainly with rechargeable batteries they can only be re-charged a certain number of times before they start diminishing.

4. Mack

Mack Big Geek

So it would be wise to get more warranty,..

5. Nic

Nic Sleepy Head

I would suggest it.