Is it dying ?

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by harrack52, Aug 20, 2003.

1. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

My card won't do 342 of memory without artifacts anymore. Do you think it's slowly dying or can I just slow the memory down a little and expect it to last long ?

I see no artifacts at all at 330.

On a side note, I find it odd that the memory won't do at least 350 since it's DDR700 according to the Samsung website.

2. zeus

zeus out of date

Maybe the initial higher overclock was possible cos it wasn't burned in properly?

I personally have only managed to overclock higher as time goes by. My 2ghz P4 wouldnt pass 2100mhz at first, but now it is stable at 2500 and even getting close to 2600 now.

Or maybe because windows is slowly muddling itself up the way it does!
    I would think it would be dying, esspecially if samsung reckon its got fast ram.

3. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well....and I just changed the hsf and put some ramsinks on it so you can forget about an rma.

I'll bring down the oc and see how it goes. I don't have the choice anyway.

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I'm thinking you probably did what I've done before: OC it a little to far, and then not really stress it hard enough or long enough, and then find out it can't do the speeds I thought it could.

5. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

That's probably that but it's weird because I see artifacts where I didn't before.

Anyways, it was at 513/342. I'll keep it at 500/330 and see what it does.

If it doesn't hold...well I'll wanna' get a better card, 'cause you know, right ?

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yeah, whenever Doom3 shows up, it sounds like it'll make anything available right now scream in agony. The QuakeCon coverage I've read indicates it'll bitch-slap your system silly.