Is It Possible To - Connect My Desktop To Use My laptop screen as a monitor

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by lowIQ, May 20, 2006.

1. lowIQ

lowIQ Geek Trainee

my desktops pc monitor just dies would it be possible to use my laptop as a monitor v my desktop how could i set that up.

the laptop i have is a lifebook e4010 i whnna use it as a monitor

the vga cable from my broken monitor still works ic i connect that to the back of the laptop is it possible to display the desktop pc inseat of using the laptop just using its display

2. donkey42

donkey42 plank

i don't know is the easy answer, the video output on the laptop is for you to use a desktop monitor to display the same image as the laptop screen, there are also probably be PS/2 ports on the laptop too, this is to allow you to use your laptop as a destop computer, as for using the laptop to diplay a desktop computers screen image - i just don't know, sorry

3. Apathy

Apathy Geek Trainee

No it's not I'm afraid. The VGA port on your laptop is an output, not an input.

The only way that you'll be able to use your laptop as a screen is to use something like VNC over a network.

4. dell person 3000

dell person 3000 Geek Trainee

The guy above is right, but i gotta ask... WHy would you want to do that?

5. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

There can be so many reasons for this......Due to some problems in his desktop monitor, he wants to use his laptop monitor.

As per your problem lowIQ, the ways Apathy said will be the best or alternatively you can use all your stuff of desktop from your NB by using a NIC.