Is That Psu Enough

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by Mitko2624, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Mitko2624

Mitko2624 Geek Trainee

Hello.I decided to buy a video card (Gtx 960 4GB) for my PC,but I was wondering ,if it will work good,because in the official site,it says it needs 400 watts,and I opened a site to calculate how much it will be the consumption with this card,the site is http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator,and it says 636 Watts,but I don't know if I can trust that site.
    I have 600W Coolermaster 80 plus
    Intel core i5 2400k 3,1 ghz
    2x4gb Ram
    I want to ask you , will that PSU run good with that card on load,because I will play high load games.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Anything good from 500W to 600W will be plenty. A 450W is probably enough. I made some liberal guesses, but the PSU calculator you linked gave 350W for the recommended wattage. I did see a UPS rating for 700 VA, so if you saw that number, that might've lead to some confusion.

You can't go wrong with Seasonic. Not the cheapest, but then again, not what you want on a power supply. Silverstone and Antec are pretty good as well. Coolermaster is iffy. Some can be pretty good, but it depends on who made it for them. If you want to run an SLI configuration 600W, sure, but right now, unless you're planning a massive upgrade with some really high-end cards, 450W from one of the aforementioned brands will do the job just fine.