iTunes...

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Willz, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Willz

Willz MiCrO$oFt $uK$ :D

I have decided to change to iTunes, WMP is crap and laggy, dont like Winamp, and iTunes seems to be the best for me, but right now i am scanning, i have around 2300 songs, and its only dont 320 :confused:, i notice its slowely going up, but its taking forever....., about 20 songs in the past 3 mins, i went to file then add folder to library, is there some settings i need to change to get all the 2300 songs listed fast?

Now its stopped at 326 :confused:

2. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

Itunes normally takes a long time, it takes me like 15 min to import my 500 songs when i reinstall it but you might wanna try go to File>Import FOLDER to Libiary, and see if you can select each folder that your songs are in. You put all songs in one folder and just select that one folder, lol, thats the only thing i can think of and the only downside to Itunes. lol, hopes that helped!

3. Willz

i cant put them all in one folder, there all arranged into the own according to source.

Also, is there a way to make it download media covers from the new coz its not displaying anything, just a music note.

And is there a way to change the look and colour of iTunes and am i able to clear the library all together so that i can re scan as i moved all my files so the locations are invalid now.

**Edit~~ Got a skin mod for it :D, its called Multi Plugin 2.4 for iTunes 7, its awsome, got more than just skin mods.

Black Glacier for iTunes 7 by ~deelo on deviantART < pic of it there.

Uh Oh, thats really nice!!! iVista skin for iTunes 7 by ~Omniety on deviantART

4. SexiMexi9018

That is sweet, i think im gonna get it too...lol

Edit...If you go into the advanced menu, and then there will be something called get Album Artwork, if thats what ur talking about.

5. Willz

Yea, how do i also delete all the stuff in the library to start again?

Another question, the movies on the US iTunes store seem to be extreamly cheap, is it possible for me to sign in and buy movies from the US site even though i live in the UK? and can iTunes sync music on something like a Mobile phone and do most of the stuff it can do with an iPod?

6. SexiMexi9018

well to delete everything in the Library, go to it, and select the very first song, and then scroll down to the very bottom, and hold Shift, and select the very last song, or u can press Ctrl + A and then just press delete, then it should ask u if u want to remove the files or keep them, i would keep them. and im not sure about the US movie thing but im sure u should be able to, just say thats where ur from when u sign up and everything should work good, and for ur last question, i don't have a phone but i don't think it will work, i think itunes was made mainly for an Ipod, but i know the beta version of Windows media player 11 has a sync option for an MP3 player, so if u have a mp3 phone then u should be able to use WMP for your phone.

7. Willz

Yea, i used to use WMP 11, i use iTunes now, just seems more nicer :), and i am wanting to get away from most Windows apps and even windows itself eventually :p, i got opera for internet, and iTunes for music now :D.

8. SexiMexi9018

ya, i just got the vista transformation pack 6.0, it changes ur entire comp into a vista based computer, its sweet. but i love itunes and i also use Opera, but what are u going to switch to if ur going to get rid of Windows itself?

9. Willz

Linux... Kubuntu, i got it all planned, just the thing that is stopping me at the moment is my ATi card, ATi is hell in Linux.

I have tried the Vista Transformation pack, dont think it transforms alot, allthought later releases might of changed that, if it wouldent be too much hassel, could you please take some screenshots of explorer etc, maybe post them in gallery.

10. SexiMexi9018

Like of the things that the Vista Transformation Pack changes???

11. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

It does change the looks of the windows like Vista but it doesnt bring Aero Vision... Is it because I dnt have a 128MB of graphics card????? or its jst like as it is...??

12. Willz

You can get the aero and all that using Window Blinds.., its the best way.

@SexiMexi9018, yea could you take some screenies of the parts VTP Changed.

13. SexiMexi9018

yea, no problem, i'll post them in the gallery, but if ur talking about getting things to be transparent (aero vision) then just use Glass2k, its free and its very small, it it works the best.

14. SexiMexi9018

hey, it wont let me post in the gallery, so im posting them here!

it changes all of this, and it changes the main window when u turn on ur comp. it says Windows Vista Home Edition, and then it has different sounds, and the little hour glass has been changed to a small circle, i really like, its a lot better!

Attached Files:

15. Karanislove

What is Window Blinds?? Theme??

I will try this one....

16. Willz

Window Blinds is another theme app, i got about 100 themes for it, you can change the colour and everything, here are some screenshots:

Attached Files:

17. Karanislove

Hey Willz, thanks for the screenshots but its not the one I want... I am actually looking for something which can provide the aerovision of windows vista.... But those screen shots are only providing the vista looks not aero vista looks..

18. Willz

aero vista look?, hmmmm, it provides the skin, there are tons of skins, hold on, i will load one and take a screenie. Aero is the old one...

19. Willz

Ok, here it is: i Zipped it because it was too big for HWF.

Attached Files:

20. Karanislove

Thanks for the screenshot Willz. I can see that it is providing Vista looks and Aero looks on <Start> but does it provides those looks with My Computer as well coz I cant see those looks on it.... :confused: