I've been robbed of my education..

Discussion in 'IT Careers and Certification' started by megamaced, Oct 11, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

EDIT: Oh we have a certification section. Well how unlucky that the day I recommend such a forum I also lose my own education :mad:

I've just received a letter in the post telling me that my college has gone into administration. The outcome of this will probably mean I will lose my <obscene amount> and my job guarantee. I will not receive any courseware / books that I am owned, and I will have to pay for the remainder of my exams at another college.

I was due to take classes for the remainder of my MSCE and Cisco CCNA

To say I am pissed off right now is an understatement.

2. Matt555

Matt555 iMod

Man I feel for you, I really do. That's a lot of money to lose.

*Matt gives megamaced a manly hug*

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Sorry to hear that Mega...

Isn't it possible to get an admission in a good college again for continuing studies? Coz if ur current collage had good reputation then I dont think that u will gonna face diffictulties in getting cross credit for the same level or better college.
    I hope that u'l workout something...

4. megamaced

I am just so gutted right now..

I am going to make a few calls tomorrow and see what can be done. Hopefully I can get at least some of the money back.

It couldn't of happened at a worse time for me. I was going to give my college a phone call in the next few days to book my XP exam. Well I guess that's out of the question now :gun:

The only thing left to do tonight is to get drunk

5. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

What does it mean it has "gone into administration"? And how exactly does that lead to you losing all that money? And regardless of what it does mean, how is it possible that they don't have to refund you?? wtf??

6. zimcerullo

zimcerullo Geek Trainee

I agree with Darussiaman, they could atleast refund you the money. I mean your already lossing out on all the other things the least they could do is give you the money you put into your course already.

7. viper

viper Geek

That sucks man, I'd tell them to get their finger out their ass and do something about it. How can that even be possible, you just lost half of your college education cause of these arses, the least they could do is refund some money.

8. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

hey i know how you feel i spent around $10,000 for ITT classes and that was a joke. Sorry to hear that i hope everything works out

9. Karanislove

[ot]
    Importence of a "comma" or "and".......This sentence is making completely different/Opposite meaning...[/ot]

10. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Not the most ideal conditions to peck at grammar problems... :p

11. Karanislove

:doh: Anyhow mega is drunk now, so we can talk about anything...:p

12. megamaced

@ Darussiaman

Going into 'adminstration' basically means the company is bankcrupt. They can no longer pay their bills and some else 'the adminstrator' has taken over.

Well it looks like i've lost everything. To be honest, the tutor time I paid for was rubbish. So I would have lost out anyway. But realisticilty, when I look at it, what i've really lost out on is the course books (about £60 a book) and the job guarantee scheme.

I've been ripped off for a hell of a lot of money. Sure, with hindsight it might not have happeneded. But I was so desperate to leave my shitty job and persue a career in IT, something that I know that I am good at.

I was talking to someone in IT tonight. He said basically it's not what you know, but who you know. And that really summed it up for me. A load of tossers who know nothing about IT get to where they are because of their 'contacts'. They no nothing about computing whatsoever. Probably why Microsoft is so dominant. I asked him about L:inux and he just looked so confused. What a retard.

Well, whatever. I am still determinded to complete my course regardless of my college. If I have to pay for the remainder of it, then so be it.

[ot]@ Karni

Never speak to me again. Don't even think about contributing to thread that I have joined. I'll ban you if you make another smart ass comment[/ot]

13. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

The person you were speaking with was correct; it's who you know. About one of the hundred IT people I deal with every week is worth their salt. Everyone else are professional tech-support callers; they rely on the support contracts of the products they buy to do their jobs for them. They don't call 'em "MCSE" for nothing -- "Must Call Someone Else". But keep learning, keep growing, and don't be disturbed by this. The more you know, the bigger the splash you'll make when you enter the industry. I've been in IT for 8+ years now, and I wouldn't want to do anything else.

14. Karanislove

I would like suggest you to talk to any cosuntant/lawer. He might give you some ideas on how to get your fees back.

For you studies/course - You have to be calm down and be patient at this moment to take a better decision for your further life and ..dont try to ruin your life by start drinking and smoking a lot. I know that its easy to talk about things than feeling them. Only the sufferer knows better about it. But hey, it doesnt means that you are the only person suffering. There must be lot others in your college who must have suffered from it...

[ot]
    I could have given u lots of sarcastic replies for that but no, beacause I can understand the situation you are in. Anyways, I would like to appologise for the comments I've made...... Sorry to Megamaced, Swansen and to DRMan.. Actually I was just trying to make the environment better by making couple of funny replies.
    Do you think that it will gonna affect you or me in any way? But yea, its good to know that you consider me someone with whom you like speaking with.

I also dont want to make any smart ass comment as you must have read that no comment is personal but if you dont want me in your threads then I will not do it.:eek:hah: Sweet! Happy!!

@ Swansen - You also please dont take my comment seriously as I know that my english is not very good though....
    [/ot]

15. Swansen

Swansen The Ninj

off topic
    no dude it's cool

16. DaRuSsIaMaN

DaRuSsIaMaN Geek Comrade

Dude mega, so do u have any such "contacts" through which u could follow the same route as all the retards? Or ... thinking of ways to get to know some of those? :p

I mean, since u got screwed over like this u definitely have a good reason to get there the cheat way. And it's not like u'll be one of those knuckleheads anyway, even if u don't get through all the classes u were planning on.