Jaton Ti4600 problems

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Ledezman, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Ledezman

Ledezman Geek Trainee

I recently got a Jaton Ti4600 card and downloaded the latest drivers. The problem is that when I play my games (UT, Quake3, GTA#, etc), they run for a while very well but then they crash.
    This happens to all games that are "graphically intense" I have DirectX 8.1 installed.

Anyone know what's causing this problem?

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Got everything patched up on your games? Have you tried different drivers?

3. Ledezman

Ledezman Geek Trainee

The games are patched up. They all crash in similar ways: they run for a while, then the screen freezes and the game crashes.

I have the latest DETs (41.09), I will look up for updates from the card manufacturer ( Jaton ). I noticed the card has IRQ conflicts, it is sharing with the modem, an USB Host controller and some ACPI to PCI thing I donĀ“t know about that appears four times on the list. How can I change this IRQs?

I have an Intel 815EEAL mobo, should I flash the BIOS or something?

4. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

You say IRQ conflict, but does it register in device manager? If your running Windows 2000 or XP, several devices may appear to be on one IRQ, but a list of virtual IRQ's are in use, so they technically aren't sharing. However, switching cards around won't hurt anything either. If your running 98, I'd look into forcing an IRQ instead.

6. Ledezman

Ledezman Geek Trainee

I managed to reduce IRQ conflicts with the card, still games crashed.

I downloaded all the DETs, still games crashed.

I tried my card at one friend's computer, and the card worked perfectly.

That proves the damn card is not defective. Now I will buy new precessor and motherboard, anyway my system is somewhat old. Talking about mobos for P4, which ones would you recommend?

Thanks for the help.