Kt7a Wont Post On Fan 1

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by st1lmat1c, Mar 21, 2002.

1. st1lmat1c

st1lmat1c Geek Trainee

I just setup water cooling on my machine. Unfortunately I did not update my bios to the latest version before hand. By default the BIOS is set to look for the heatsink fan to be plugged into FAN header 1. The new bios this feature is disabled. I got the machine to POST one time. Unfortunately I did not flash the BIOS at this time. I had my heatsink out of the case but it was plugged into FAN 1. And it POSTED. Ever since then I haven't been able to get the machine to POST to upgradde the BIOS. Even though the machine wont POST I still get the power going to the FAN on FAN header 1. Is there anything else that needs to be plugged into the board from maybe the Power Supply? Is there any jumper setting that I can change to get around this. I'm trying to avoid getting a new board. I cleared the CMOS. I can't think of anything else to try. Any help I appreciate.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The front panel connectors would be a good idea, although there are some ways to get around that. [H]ard|OCP has some information about this over in their forums. Umm, probably just hook a 3 pin-fan to that 1 header and go flash your BIOS is my suggestion. That, the power for the cooling (of course) the power connector and the front panel connectors sound like what you need hooked up.

3. st1lmat1c

st1lmat1c Geek Trainee

I have a 3 pin fan hooked up to FAN header 1. I have power rto the fan, but the machine will not POST long enough to get to the BIOS or even flash the BIOS. It boots but not long enough. Anything else you can think of?

4. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

It just turns on for a second or two and then turns off, correct?
    Are you powering it on from the power switch or from the power supply. I had a slightly frustrating experience with my A7V where it wouldn't post when you turned on the power supply, just power for a second. It worked fine if I hit the power switch afterwords. This does require the connection of the front panel connectors to work tho.

If not, I'm not really experienced with this particular board or water cooling, so you may want to hit the forums over @ AMDMB.

5. st1lmat1c

st1lmat1c Geek Trainee

No. I'm powering it on from the power botton not the PS. The machine powers on for 10secs. and then shuts off. Its as if its not detecting the fan as being plugged in. Thanks for you feedback I will check the site you recommended.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

That's pretty wierd. Anyway, good luck with your setup. Sorry I couldn't help more.

7. st1lmat1c

st1lmat1c Geek Trainee

Big B

Thanks for the help. I was on the site you suggested and they said that clearing the CMOS should work. You did help. When I get home I will try again and I'll post back tellin you how I made out.

thanx