Laptop problem

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by ZOMBIEKING, Aug 20, 2009.

1. ZOMBIEKING

ZOMBIEKING Geek Trainee

My friend has a problem with his laptop, thought it was a fried mobo but switching dead battery with a charged battery and it turns on works fine (we think the problem was caused by an adapter with exposed wire). Using ac power only with battery out it wont turn on, not sure how laptop parts are designed but if there was any problem with the mobo it shouldnt work it would've been fried. So this leads me to believe its the "power connector board" which is simply a part where u plug the power jack into and looks like this http://www.laptoprepairparts.com/partpicture_LRP.asp?ref=853&category=dcjack do you think that the mobo is screwed or simply the power connector board? just want to make sure before purchasing, i do have a multimeter and when the laptop is in my hands i can test if the board is working but would like some input.

2. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

you need to buy a new power adapter. If the motherboard controllers essential controllers where damaged it wouldn't post. if it works fine with a fully charged battery the laptop isn't the problem.