Laptop's processor is not working propertly

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by RazzorX, Feb 28, 2009.

1. RazzorX

RazzorX Geek Trainee

Hi, I'm new to Hardware Forums. My English is not so good, so I hope you will understaind me.

Yesterday I installed CPU-Z on my sister's laptop. CPU (Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2080) was working at only 800MHz (798MHz to be accurate), so I thought that is enabled EIST. I have tried if the frequency "jumps" to 1.73GHz when CPU is load, so I run SuperPi (calculating 1M) and CPU frequency was still at 800MHz. I've tried many other options, but the frequency (to be specific, multiplier, which is only 6x instead of 13x, FSB is fine) is still 798MHz. I've tried those performance profiles (Home/Office, Portable/Laptop, Always On etc.), but it makes no difference. I've even tried to install Windows 7 beta, but still no difference. BIOS doesn't have any options to overclock, or at least change multiplier or something like that, so I can't help myself with BIOS.

OS is: Windows XP Professional / Windows 7 beta
    Processor: Intel Pentium Dual-Core T2080
    Motherboard: Clevo M660SE

Can you help me, please?

2. RazzorX

RazzorX Geek Trainee

Sorry for opening this thread. I've solved the problem, all I needed to do was to load BIOS defaults.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

no need to be sorry :)

thanks for the update, I'm sure it will help others who encounter a similar problem.