Latest project

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by PRDeerkiller, Mar 7, 2010.

1. PRDeerkiller

PRDeerkiller Geek Trainee

ok,

im new here (obviously) but not new to moding and i'm stumped. i'm working on a new project and just doing some pre-planning and measuring and got to thinking about my monitor and power supply. i'm building a suitcase pc using all desktop pc components, some plexiglas, and too many leds lol but anyway heres my problem....

i've been looking for an adapter/connector to go from my power supply to my monitor, for example a molex to three prong monitor power plug. now the monitor i have uses 60 watts so thats not a problem as long as i get the right power supply.

has anyone stumbled across this sort of thing or would i have to make my own (which i am capable of doing). i was just hoping someone else had found such a thing before i go hacking up some perfectly good wires.

--EDIT--

damn, just realized i didn't change the title to something more helpful.... oh well.

--EDIT--

thinking about it some more this used to never be a problem because some older power supplies had a plug for your monitor on the psu (this i think is no longer the case, but correct me if im wrong)