Lexmark

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by megabytes, Jan 4, 2007.

1. megabytes

megabytes Geek Trainee

I have a lexmark x 1180 all in one and i am finding the inks very expensive would i be better of with a laser printer all in one

2. Addis

Addis The King

I bought a laser printer, it was a samsung ML 1610 and overall its been good. I sometimes miss colour support, but I can print in the college when I need that. Black and white quality is good, but I suggest spending a bit more to get one with more RAM, as some pages won't print due to graphics.

The quality of the print is good, clear and crisp as expected from a laser printer. the toner cartidge lasts quite a good while (although the demo cartidge is only half full). When it runs out, I plan buying a cartidge refill kit, which are very popular and cheap and get another 2k pages from it.

3. KenshinX

KenshinX Big Geek

Lexmark's ink has always been expensive theres no way around it you could either get generic ink or search around for a store thats a few dollars cheaper other than that your stuck with cartriges $30 and up

Trust me my family has 13 years of experience with lexmark my mothers first computer and my first computer had a lexmark inkjet printer and the ink for that printer is expensive even now and the printer is 13yrs old. My lexmark all in one has great quality and the ink lasts but its just to darn expensive...

BTW:I would go with an Hp, cannon or epson printer if you are looking for a good printer with cheap ink.

4. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Epson and Lexmark printers have always had an excessive appetite for ink. This of course is why the companies give you the printer for practically nothing. The low price coupled with alluring ads is what suckers people into buying these printers. Only once you have it on your desk do you realize your mistake. Ink and paper costs quickly balloon out of proportion.

If your looking for a Color Laser printer, go for anything made by Samsung, HP or
    Xerox. For Mono printers, Canon, HP, Samsung and Brother do great jobs and at a great price. As with all laser printers, printing quality increases over time and although half-toning shows up more in colour prints, colours are pretty accurate and photos are respectable. At this point in time, they can’t compete with an inkjet in terms of color performance, but are good for basic color needs like web pages and color documents.

If your after great quality color pictures, use an inket . If your looking for an inkjet with great quality and ink economy, Canon is the winner.

5. geek9pm

geek9pm Geek Trainee

Right now the Knonica / Minolta 2400 printer is cheap. I have one, it gave me trouble, so they shipped me a good one. Had to replace the back toner after about 1000 pages. If you find one under $300 with a warranty it can be a good deal. What you save in ink can pay for it. Plus it is fast and does great color! But they do a QC problem and they are easily damaged if you drop something in them. Still, the warranty serve was very good. Overall, good deal., I think. :cool: