LG F1 Express Dual

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by roy92, Aug 10, 2007.

1. roy92

roy92 CSS HAXOR

I don't know the exact model name, but its called that.

heres the problem
    the laptop has a 60 gig hard drive, and its supposed to have around 5-6 gig of used space for xp installation and other pre-installed apps in it right? Not with this laptop, it only has 35 megs available and i haven't even installed anything on it. checked add/remove programs, and i even added up the space used by the programs on the list (not hard). any ideas?

2. brush3287

brush3287 Geek Trainee

Only things I can think of without having the item in front of me is to try the disk management (using right click mouse button) option from My Computer/Manage.
    As you'll know, the manufacturer will give a "raw" unformatted figure for drive capacity. The amount actually available will depend on the OS and the file system employed. As an example i have a 40Gb Fujitsu drive. Disk management shows this as a capacity of 37.25Gb under XP using NTFS.
    Disk Management will show any other partitions that are not active or used by other environments. This may explain where some of the space has gone to - you can then make a judgement and try getting in touch with LG in the UK to ask for guidance.
    Compaq used to use the hard disk to store the BIOS software and their actual BIOS was very "thin" insofar as i understand this they loaded the parameters into the BIOS from the disk. I discovered this many years ago after doing the normal thing of Fdisk except it didn't work! Needless to say that practice has ceased.