LG Shine used as a desktop monitor?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by Guywithawrench, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Guywithawrench

Guywithawrench Geek Trainee

Hi
    I am new to this site and have a question. I Have an LG shine KE970 and i was wandering if it would be possible to use the the display as an additional monitor once hooked up to the computer. I know this is a pretty crazy question but is it possible? And if it is how could i go about doing it? I have some experience with C++ and assembley but overall im kind of a noob.

Thnx

2. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

Welcome to HWF!

No I doubt it, certainly not without a pretty clever third party application. And what would be the point, it'd be so small it would be pretty useless for normal day to day stuff.

Necessity breeds demand an all that jazz.

Thinking about it even it if it could be done (over some sort of remote desktop app) it'd be surely software only and the response rate would suck.

3. Guywithawrench

Guywithawrench Geek Trainee

Thnx for the reply
    You have when you say that this is pretty useless. I just asked this cuz i like the Shine, its a good lookin fone with a big display so i am thinking there is so much more that i could do. The software for it suks though. Ok then so i have another question...
    How would i be able to gain access to its system files? I tried with Bitpim but i could not get it recognized.

Thnx

4. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

I'm afraid personally I have only got any in depth knowledge of Nokia's Symbian OS's, i think that for this sort of question unless one of the guys here happens to know you'd be best off on a dedicated mobile developer forum.

Best of luck.