Linksys Router WAG54G Issues. Need desperate help.

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by matttibb, Oct 5, 2006.

1. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

Yesterday when my new computer arrived I was unplugging all the old stuff and accidently pulled out the power cable from the router so I just plugged it back in and now when I start it up the power light is red, the WLAN is green and the Internet light is red. The DSL light won't even light up.

I'm still waiting for an OS for my new computer so I can't do anything on that but on my brothers (which connects to the WLAN) I could go on"192.168.1.1" on a browser (but not any other site) and changed all the settings that were correct for AOL broadband and put in username and password etc and then the power light goes green on the router but the internet remains red and the DSL won't light up.
    Anybody out there who can help?

(I'm on a college computer at the moment)

2. matttibb

matttibb Geek Trainee

I went on live assistance on the linksys site and he reckons that I should do it all but with a computer that is wired into the computer and not wireless. So... just have to wait for my OS to arrive tomorrow then try it.

3. thoonie

thoonie hmmm....

Its seems that your router is not connecting to AOL properly. Have you tried retyping the username and password for aol?