login timeout

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by megamaced, May 4, 2006.

1. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

Noticed a little bug..

If I spend too long typing a message, I get logged out. When I click 'Submit Message' I have to log in again. However, I do not get redirected to my message, instead I get an error message saying something like 'incorrect redirector, contact your administrator'. Sometimes the message gets posted, sometimes it doesn't. In the case of the latter, if I haven't copied my message onto the clipboard then I've got to type it all over again :confused:

2. Addis

Addis The King

Never had this problem, is it in advanced editor or quick reply?

I'm always logged in via cookies.

3. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

For me, whenever I open this website I recieve a message on the top saying "It seems that you are not registered bla bla bla........." but when I click on any post then I find myself logged in. Its weired but I never took any tension. And yea! I forgot to tell you one thing if I try to login then it says thanks for logging in karanislove and redirects me to the same page "It seems that you are not registered with our community bla bla....."

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

when you login are you using the hwf url with the "WWW" or without it?

5. Karanislove

if yo takin to me....then yea, you are right. I just type har and immediately www.hardwareforums.com comes out by drop down menu and I select that.

6. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Why don't you just Bookmark HWF's ?

7. Karanislove

I use internet from my office..I dont have admin privillages so I cant download Firefox in here, so I am using IE and I have added HWF to favourites long time ago.

8. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

I was using the advanced editor, but theorictically it could happen to the quick reply as well. As I said, if I spend too much time typing a message, then I will get logged out.

I choose to log in manually and I don't use cookies. Maybe that's the cause of the problem?

9. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I think that would be it, because it does log people out after long periods of inactivity.