Logitech speaker problems

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by thehammer, Jan 1, 2007.

1. thehammer

thehammer Geek Trainee

Right so this is my first post. And I’m grateful to have found a forum that's nice and clean and it's users are fair...

I have a long experience with Logitech, virtually everything I own (webcam, keyboard, mouse, speakers,... ...) is Logitech. And I’ve used it for ages.
    Last year, yes we're 2007 now, i bought Logitech S-200 speakers (the ones with a subwoofer). And for the first 4 days i had a long session of listening to Russian radio stations.
    That eventually stopped.

Yesterday, I opened my computer and started a song. And no, no sound.
    Just so you know, I'm not techie, in fact I don't know anything about speakers... So I'll just list you down the facts that, well, happened.

-No Sound
    -When I start to play a song (be it in WMP or Real or iTunes) it fast forwards :confused:

My speakers Logitech S-200 see picture here have a:
    - power supply
    - a pink connector thing (no idea what the real name is)
    - a green connector thing

When I connect it to my computer (respecting the colours) no sound came out. I checked all the connections AND I also tried listening to music using in-ear headphones.

Please note, that I have had problems like this. Every third time I open my computer my speakers didn't work. So I just rebooted once or twice and they started working :eek:. This doesn't seem to work now.

So if you find the time... please help :)

2. SexiMexi9018

SexiMexi9018 Geek Trainee

I have had the problem with the Fast forwarding, and i also have Logitech speakers but i have different ones, i can't quite remember what i did, i think i just uninstalled the drivers for my Sound card and reinstalled them and it seemed to fix it, but do u have a sound card or are u just using onboard sound?

3. thehammer

thehammer Geek Trainee

Ok I pinpointed the problem,...

The speakers are not the porblem, it's the webcam. I did a system restore last night, and everything worked fine. I re-installed my Logitech Quick Cam Pro 5000
    the picture was perfect everything was fine. Then I opened a music file, and no sound. But I realised that it was because of the fast forward.

This means that this problem is connected to my camera.
    Anybody have any ideas?

PS: It's not only music, it's video (as in films and internet) that fastforwards. >.<

4. SexiMexi9018

I don't know if this will help or if it has anything to do with what ur saying but i kinda have a problem like that, the driver for my sound card (when installed) makes it so my comp does not shut off, i can press shut off, go to sleep and in the morning it will still be shutting down, so my point is are they any drivers that come with the Camera? or is it just plug in and idk....works...lol?

5. thehammer

thehammer Geek Trainee

well, I fixed it

turned out that my computer kept setting Tunebite High Speed Dubbing as a default speaker setting, or whatever you call it.

So I just deleted it, and now it works.

6. SexiMexi9018

o lol well thats cool.