Logitech Z-5500 Setup

Discussion in 'Sound Cards and Speakers' started by BoBBYI986, Apr 28, 2009.

1. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi all, I just purchased the 5500 setup and wondering what cable do you get with it? is it opticle? I don't know anythin about pc speakers or opticle spdif out. this is the port wt my motherboard has is that for opticle cable (the gray box under the ps2 port)? http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/7136/ddkx48p09je8.jpg if so how do i setup opticle?

btw: speakers havn't arrived yet

Thanks in advance for any help :)

2. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

The optical port is located between the ps2 port and the yellow port. It has a grey cover plate that automatically opens when you press the optical plug against it.

I do want to tell you that the optical cable is not included with the Z5500 system. You might also not get true 5.1 when using Windows. I personally suggest to use the analog connections to connect to your computer.

3. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Hi, thanks for your reply, Im going to be using 7.1 CH Windows Vista Premium Level HD Audio onboard sound (ALC888 Audio Codec). What will the performance be like? any ideas?

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

Windows doesn't support multichannel audio through optical, especially not with onboard. You might get more luck with a a Creative XtremeGamer sound card (but I can't guarantee that).

5. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Ok i got these badboys today, got em set up, using 6 channel direct, i use mostly PL Music effect, subs cranked up to full so is surround, gotta say this system is the top dogg. worth every penny. parents and neighbours are starting to piss me off already keep asking me to turn it down!!!!

6. Ferg

Ferg Manbearpig

I hear that! The first week I had mine I shook a picture off the wall at a neighbours house - And we are fully detached!

7. furso

furso Geek Trainee

yeh got a pair myself, with a creative sound blaster xtream music, there amazing in power, bass, and sheer quality, the live version of hotel California is just beautiful on it lol, try it. Although one tiny problem with mine, the blue back light in the LCD started flickering after a few months, then eventually jst burnt out, no back light at all, which is only a problem if there's no lights in the room, anyone else had this problem?. either way AWESOME SOUND from those babies.

8. BoBBYI986

BoBBYI986 Geek

Shit! soon as you mentioned the backlight mine has started flickering in the top left corner after just having the system for 1 month! WTF!!? havn't even used it that much. will it burn out eventually?