Macbook

Discussion in 'Mobile Technology' started by chronic2005, Sep 3, 2006.

1. chronic2005

chronic2005 Geek Trainee

Hey

I ordered my macbook on the 18th of August, got told it should be with me at the latest of the 6th of September. I then get an email from apple saying i not recieve it till the 15th.

I have never had a mac before and my first experiance with one isn't a very good one.

Can anyone remind me why i have made this switch? What should i expect with my new macbook.

Thanx

2. megamaced

megamaced Geek Geek Geek!

LOL

Well I've never used Mac OSX before but at least you can say goodbye to viruses, spyware, malware etc..

Hey, at least you aren't running Windows now ;)

And if you don't like it, you can always run Linux on your new Macbook ;)

3. chronic2005

chronic2005 Geek Trainee

Hey

Just thought id let you guys know, ITS HERE :D Got it around 4:00pm today, been playing ever since.

Its fanatastic, everything about it is great. Im still going to install windows but thats only because im not paying out again for certain programs for the mac.

The only problem i have is the wifi, i can connect to my neighbours network and to mine if it is not encrypted to WEP 64 bit. Im going to to try WPA when i get home.

4. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Heh, glad you reassured yourself. Aside from the no spyware etc. bonus I like the fact that drivers are pretty much not an issue and you don't need to reboot usually when you install anything new or make updates. And while there's not a lot of programs that I use/can afford for the platform the iLife suite is totally kick butt and is a teriffic deal.

5. chronic2005

chronic2005 Geek Trainee

Hey

Yeah its superb!!! Got the wifi working aswell, only problem i have no is getting use to this two finger track pad:D

6. Exfoliate

Exfoliate Geek Trainee

Yeah it's kind of cool how they integrated the two finger scrolling though, I dig that. What I don't like though is the single mouse button:(