Mainboard problem.

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Duzens, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Duzens

Duzens Geek Trainee

Ok, i got myself a new mobo. ASUS A7N8X Deluxe Gold - mainboard - ATX - nForce2 SPP.

Here's my machine

Athlon xp 1700+
    768 DDR 2100 performance RAM
    GeForce 4 TI 4800SE 128 DDR RAM
    Maxtor 40GB HDD
    Some normal 52x speed CD-Rom drive
    ---- " ------ floppy drive

Ok, here's my problem. I took out my old mainboard and replaced it with my new one. I set all the stuff listet above on the new mainboard.

Problem number one: My system panel connector wires are not called what asus calles them in thir manual. I have POWER LED - RESET LED similar to ones in the manual. But i also have "extra" in my case: TURBO LED - H.D.D LED - M/B SW. So i don't quite know how to set these becouse they are not discribed in the manual.

MAINPROBLEM! : Ok, i think it mabye has something to do with problem number one, but i am not sure.

The first time i started the PC since i replaced the old mainboard with the new one, it starts _FINE_ so i hear one long beep, indicates that nothing is wrong... and it enters the bios setup for me. Ok.. as it says in the manual i should set all bios settings to default. So i do, and when i start again the screen does NOT turn on, i can see that it does not make the check on keyboard, CD-ROM and so on. I can hear that the HD is working, but nothing happens. This is no GFX card failure, my computer now thinks it is a coffie-machine. When i start my PC-screen just stands there blinking like the computer was shut down, it does not make the little beep in the start nor does it check the keyboard and so on.

Ok, my first reaction was... SHIT... so i restart a couple of times and nothing happens. Then i do the procedure to whipe out the RTC RAM, that makes it delete date,time and system setup parameters in CMOS. Shut PC down, remove battery, set jumper from the two left to the middle one and right one, put battery in again and start my PC. Ok.. then it starts up normally but says soemthing about ENTER RAID CONTROLLER PRESS ALT+S OR F4. So i press F4 and nothing happens, then it says: NO RAID DEVICE DETECTED! ABORTING OPERATION! (or something like that) and i get to the screen that ask's how you wan't to start up windows. I choose the "start up windows in normal mode" and it goes to a blue screen in like a split second, and restarts.

NOW WHAT THE HELL IS CAUSING THAT **** PROBLEM ?

:mad:

2. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Well you can forget about booting windows altogether because when you change motherboards, you definitely need a format and a clean install.

As for your leds. The hdd led is the light when there's acticvity on your hdd. You can leave the turbo led alone and the m/b SW is probably the power switch. The system started so that means this one is ok.

As for your main problem.
    I would clear the cmos, load the bios defaults, make sure the multiplier and system clock are set to what they're supposed to which would be 11x and 133 mhz.

Then restart and see if it works. also look for any jumpers that could be set in the wrong way.

3. Duzens

Duzens Geek Trainee

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out on Xmas day !