Malware Attack?

Discussion in 'Networking and Computer Security' started by kwok1990, Jun 22, 2015.

1. kwok1990

kwok1990 Geek Trainee

My computer starts to run slowly after it is full of lots of unwanted ads labeled by HQ video-pro-2.1cv22.11. I don't know how these pop-up ads came into the PC but many reports like this one says HQ video is malware that can affect system running speed. So should I remove this HQ video pro so as to speed up the PC? But the problem is that my antivirus program cannot find the so-called malware on my Levono Windows 7.:(

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Remove the Program and install Malwarebytes and superantispyware.. What Antivirus are you using ? What browser are you using ?

3. kwok1990

kwok1990 Geek Trainee

The antivirus program I'm using now is ESET Node32. Browser is Chrome and Firefox. The two programs can help me solve the issue?

4. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

You need to install adblock plus in firefox, this will help you with you ad problem.. Nod32 is a good antivirus and should of found some of these problems.. Malwarebytes will remove all spyware/malware ..

kwok1990 likes this.
  5. Kathy107

Kathy107 Geek Trainee

To be specific, HQ video-pro-2.1cv22.11 is classified as adware designed to generate a lot of ads on the infected computer. You need to remove it immediately if you want to resolve your problem. I agree to use Malwarebytes to run a full system scan so as to find out and delete all traces of the adware from your PC.

6. JamesRoss

JamesRoss Geek Trainee

To potentially solve the issue, first of all, it is recommended to scan your computer using Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro. Usually, they can catch a wide variety of adware viruses. Afterward, I would recommend restarting the PC and doing a scan one more time, as that will assure you that the adware was cleaned. Theoretically, that should help you out, if that doesn't help, you can try scanning your PC additionally with the anti-virus software of your choice.

As for the ads in the browser, they usually keep websites running, but if you want to remove them, either Adblock Plus, Adblock, Ublock or any other plugin both for Chrome and for Firefox should significantly lower the number of ads. In general, I would recommend you to be aware of the links that you are clicking and the files that you are downloading, if you notice something weird or suspicious, it is best to double check or not download at all. Best of luck to you!

Josh Ross likes this.