MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-840S problems

Discussion in 'Storage Devices' started by ChrisX, Apr 23, 2007.

1. ChrisX

ChrisX Geek Trainee

Well I had a lot of problems with this DVD storage device attached in my laptop.

1. Whenever I inserted a blank CD, it treats as if I am not inserting any CD at all! I click on my drive and it says "Not accesible. Insert a disk to the drive"

2. Whenever I inserted certain movie DVDs, it also treats as if I'm not inserting any CD at all. Except that the message is "Not accessible. The request cannot be performed because of an I/O error."

Anyone having the same problem or know the solution to this?

My laptop is TOSHIBA Qosmio F20.

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Try...Pull out the DVD drive and put it back in...coz loose data cables connection does this thing usually:eek:hah:

3. ChrisX

ChrisX Geek Trainee

Problem is, it's attached to my laptop. Do you suppose I have to disassemble my laptop or just call a technician?

Also... if I put other data CDs or such, it responds well.

4. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

Before dealing with any hardware parts...lets start with some software side...
    Go to Toshiba - Download drivers: and download the drivers for your Laptop... n then see if it changes any thing.

5. ChrisX

ChrisX Geek Trainee

I reinstalled the DVD-RAM, but still nothing changes! It's still like the old ones, can't read empty discs, can't read movie discs.

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Optical drives are usually user-servicable, in that you can remove and install one yourself. My guess is that it's a faulty drive by the sound of it. I'd test it in another laptop just to check, but it sounds like the drive is at fault.

You should scan for spyware, anti-virus, etc as well since that can do odd things to your system.

7. aquablue77

aquablue77 Geek Trainee

Hi,

i have the same problem with my qosmio f20.
    Do you finaly resolve it?
    Wich way i have to use?
    Thanks