Max Payne,not running on Windows XP

Discussion in 'Video Gaming' started by pradeepmahato, Jul 10, 2007.

1. pradeepmahato

pradeepmahato Geek Trainee

My system spec is intel [email protected] with HT,512 MB DDR RAM,Nvidia Geforce 6600GT,80 GB HDD,DVD writer & Windows XP with SP2 and autopatched till May 2007.I installed Max Payne and when I played the game while loading it came to desktop.I tried with Max Payne 1.05 patch but it refused to update the Max Payne application file(.exe).It says that the file is in use but I am not running the game.Even I checked with Task Manager but no such application is runnig except the setup one.Please help me out.My friend is able to patch but while launching the game it say "insert the correct CD rom".Please help us both with our problems .

2. WWR

WWR Ultra Geek

It's possible that Max Payne just won't run on WinXP, seeing as it was made before it was brought out. My suggestion would be to run the Compatibility Wizard, set it to an earlier build of Windows and try that, it should solve the problem.

If you don't know how to run the compatibility wizard, read below.

- Open up the Help and Support icon in the Start Menu
    - Enter "Compatibility" into the search text field.
    - When searching you'll see a topic pop up called "Getting old applications to run on XP", that's the one you want to click on.
    - In the text you get, there should be a link saying "Run Compatibility Wizard", click that and it's simple from there.

Hope that all helps. :)

P.S. If someone knows a faster way of getting to the compatibility wizard, please let me know. ;)