Members joining purely for Arcade Zone...

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Feedback' started by Waffle, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

...I've noticed recently that many people who come here only join for the arcade zone, without actually posting.

Skylar, I think, has spent around 40 hours in the arcade zone, owns most of the titles, and has not made a single post, at last count.

Perhaps to encourage more members posting, some sorta like minimum posting before the zone is accessible.

Or like "time limits" - they can use it for ten minutes, but then must make 10 posts to use it again, 1 post for a minute of arcade time?

Might encourage more posts, who knows!

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I do like the ideas, I will in the near future make so they need to make a post every xx hours or have it so each game requires xx amount of posts before you can play it.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

But, at the same time, they can't just be spamming the forum to get it. If that happens (so far, so good), I wouldn't hesitate to either delete the posts or change the post count. Since we have the Reputation points, we could also make that part of the equation too. Either as extra time or a multiplier for time.

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

the only problem with user registering for the arcade is bandwidth!

5. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Those non post whores!

6. harrack52

harrack52 Supreme Geek

Maybe separate active and non-active people. The non-active ones wouldn'T have the right to play and new members would have to make a certain amount of posts before becoming active.

7. Addis

Addis The King

I like that idea. Something like 30 or 50 posts before the arcade becomes available. They should contribute for their bandwidth usage.