Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by syngod, Oct 25, 2001.

1. syngod

syngod Moderator

PowerToys are additional programs that developers work on after a product has been released to manufacturing. They add fun and functionality to the Windows experience.

Super-Fast User Switcher
    With this PowerToy you can switch between users without having to go through the Logon screen.

Open Command Window Here
    This PowerToy adds an "Open Command Window Here" context menu option on file system folders, giving you a quick way to open a command window (cmd.exe) pointing at the selected folder.

Tweak UI
    This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP default user interface, including mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.

Power Calculator
    With this PowerToy you can graph and evaluate functions as well as perform many different types of conversions.

Image Resizer
    This PowerToy enables you to resize one or many image files with a right-click.

CD Slide Show Generator
    With this PowerToy you can view images burned to a CD as a slide show. The Generator works downlevel on Windows 9x machines as well.

Virtual Desktop Manager
    Manage up to four desktops from the Windows taskbar with this PowerToy.

Taskbar Magnifier
    Use this PowerToy to magnify part of the screen from the taskbar.

HTML Slide Show Wizard
    This wizard helps you create an HTML slide show of your digital pictures, ready to place on your Web site.

Webcam Timershot
    This PowerToy lets you take pictures at specified time intervals from a Webcam connected to your computer and save them to a location that you designate.

Get the Powertoys here.

2. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

I'll set it up so the links are underlined :) btw thanks :cool: looks good

3. Moobrack

Moobrack Geek Trainee

What a vast array of windows toys and add-ons.I think that I will get sum!!