missing drivers?

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by mangog, Sep 23, 2008.

1. mangog

mangog Geek Trainee

Hi - I'm running xp and have just done a reinstall - all okay and updated.

I'm missing sound and cant get it back. Went to sis.com and downloaded the drivers but upon installation, an alert box comes up saying "you need to update your plug and play device - 536870397" - what on earth does that mean??

start/acc/sys tools/info tells me my problem devices are and audio and video devices - their id's are VEN 1039 (thats sis.com) and the device numbers are 7012 (for the audio) and 6325 for the video.

Tried the installion again and the same alert box comes up, then the install stops and I'm back to square one. My computer is 3 years old, its had sound before - it went away to be repaired once, and they done a reinstall which came back with sound ok.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks in advance - Mangog

2. Ghostman 1

Ghostman 1 Mega Geek

Need more info on sound card,Is it onboard sound or a PCI card ? download a program called Everest and get the sound info...I need the make and model number ....

3. mangog

mangog Geek Trainee

Thanks ghostman - just got if fixed. The drivers were from Welcome to Silicon Integrated Systems Corp. and after eventually uninstalling the audio devices, then rebooting, then manually navigating to my new downloaded drivers....it worked. I didnt use the "setup" option which was downloaded with it, I just navigated my way to the driver and installed it like that.

Got a few more grey hairs, but if anyone else has probs in this area, please message me cos I can certainly help now, lol

Thanks again Ghost

Mangog