Monitor clicking

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Counsel, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Counsel

Counsel Geek Trainee

Lo:

My NEC Multiscan 70 (avoidatallcost COUGH) is making clicking noises (and the powerling blinks each time) when the computer is turned on. Nothing appears on the screen.

Suggestions--besides toast the monitor?

2. syngod

syngod Moderator

I have the same clicking going on with my MultiSync XP17, it occurs during resolution changes.

When you say nothing on screen do you mean the monitor dies on you or just goes black for a second. If it's the latter I believe it's normal for NEC displays. If not your monitor may be dying.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Syngod said it all. Also, I have what I believe to be the exact same monitor for 2 of my machines. One machine has the Iwill XP333-R on it and the video happens to come up slower on that system than my other machines. The monitor will click off for a few seconds, but come back on when the system starts to boot.

4. Counsel

Counsel Geek Trainee

not "for a second"

The monitor stays "black" and shows nothing. The computer is turned on, and the monitor will remain clicking for a LONG time--NO VIDEO on the screen.

This monitor was a gift after my first NEC did the same thing and died...i will NEVER buy another NEC...

C

5. RZA

RZA l337 CounterStriker

lol now I know that when I'm buying a new monitor :)

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I've personally spoiled myself with some nifty 17" Dell Trinitron Sony Flat screen CRT's. I've definitely noticed a lot less tiredness in my eyes.