More members

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Skaeleen, Apr 2, 2003.

1. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

We need to figure out how to get more members in these forums, They are great forums, and I have been promoting them, but we need to get people in here. I know this should be posted in the suggestion forum, but nobody will ever see it, So I figured i'd put it in here. So lets put on our thinking hats and brainstorm how to get more members in these so-so-active forums.

Here are my suggestions.

A) Get more in debt reviews in the review section.
    B) Put a link in your sig at other forums.
    C) Make a cool banner (I could design one) for Sigs

C) As well When somone asks you a question you dont know on AIM, ICQ, MSN, YIM or any other service, send them this way to ask, I am fully capable of asnwering them, but It'd be nice to get second opinions.

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

We've had a website in the past, and due to certain problems in the script and the lack of time Sniper has, it just hasn't been up. However, once summer hits, he should be getting to work on it.

A.) Actually, I need to get crackin and try to get a response from some hardware companies. We do have reviews, but with the website down for so long, we're gonna need help getting traffic. I'm hoping to do a few mod-related articles when the website comes up again, and I wouldn't mind any members that would like to contribute.

B.) Yup. Nice, subtle way to do it, since many sites frown of site pimping (including us!)

C.) That's a genereous offer. I've usually been creating my own, but there are some people that can't make very good sigs due to lack of tools.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

yeh pretty much what Big B said!

I got my exam timetable today, last exam is June 26 I leave on 26h May for study leave! right after my last exam, I'll be working on the site more, as well as working to pay for the script...
    though we are still awaiting for a final version, which should be done soon!

if you want, you can make a sig, do let us know what you made though :) Just gona have to wait until we have a site, until then were gona have to live without it and get more members, were doing not to bad!