Motherboard question

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Scott Zane, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Scott Zane

Scott Zane Geek Trainee

I feel a bit silly asking this as I have been building machines for sometime. I have never had to use the F6 option during an OS installation but it seems the new motherboard I have ( GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD7 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX ) Requires me to use the F6 option to load the driver for my Vertex 3 SSD. The Manufacturer website says to install the drivers using the F6 option but the funny thing is, not only do I not own a floppy drive anymore but theres not even a floppy controller on the motherboard. What am I missing?
    Thanks in advance for any replies

2. Wolfeymole

Wolfeymole Geek

What OS are you installing because if it's Win 7 then the drivers may already be included.

3. Scott Zane

Scott Zane Geek Trainee

Im installing 7 64 bit but I doubt the drivers for the sata 3 controller on the motherboard will be on the OS disk.. since 7 's been out since oct of 2009 and this board is less than six month old.. thats kind of my dilemma. I guess I will just have to try loadin this puppy up huh ?

4. tking0036

tking0036 Geek

You can use drivers off of a usb flash drive the same way you would a floppy drive. All you have to do is download the drivers and put them on the usb drive. When you get to the partitioning screen in W7 setup click load drivers and it should find it.