Motherboard speaker Q

Discussion in 'CPU, Motherboards and Memory' started by Jecht, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

2. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

Nope, I couldn't find a piezo

3. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

well, my manual for my case says there is a speaker wire, but it doesnt show it in the manual like it does when it names the other front panel wires. i dont remember seeing the wire either...is it possible to hear the beeps without hooking it up to a case speaker, i thougth that was an optional thing??? i hope i havent been screwed

4. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

5. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

There should be no need for a speaker modification..

Your speaker will be in your case somewhere, either in the front panel, or attached to one of the walls of the case. It will have a connection similiar to that of the Power LED / HDD LED / Reset PWR connections that go from your case to your motherboard.

Except your speaker connection will be 4 Pins (only 3 will be active ie: 3 out of the 4 pins will have pins in them) :

[1 1 - 1] (1 = the conducting pins in the connection & "-" is just a pin with no connection)

It will be black or red and will most likely say "Speaker" on it, it also looks very similiar to that of a Sound Card connection (the wire that comes from your sound card to your motherboard or optical device - but it will be originating from the case itself)

If you do not have a speaker, or cannot find it, if you provide the model of your case / motherboard we can help you out very easily.

If your case doesn't have a onboard speaker (which i doubt it has) then your only option is to use the one in your case, if you don't have one then you'll either need to make a speaker modification like NF said, or buy a new case with a speaker built in.

:good:

6. Addis

Addis The King

Or try and take out a speaker from another PC.

7. ProcalX

ProcalX all grown up

why would u do that?, he would have to rewire the speaker to the case (ie solder it) and it would have to then connect it to the motherboard..

Be easier just to buy a cheap case..

8. Addis

Addis The King

With my case you just connect the speaker cables to the case and off you go. I didn't think whether they would be soldered to the case. But you could always just plug it with bluetac when your finished with it.

9. Jecht

Jecht Big Geek

this is my case

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-133-132&depa=1

it may or may not be in there, but i have done good looking around in there exploring my case after i got it a while back. manual says there is one, but i am finding it hard to see, but i will look again more carefully next time i pop it open. i am buying a seperate one anyways, because my computer is almost ready to go up and running, just need to install the proc. why would u have to solder anything? its just a speaker with a wire and 4 pins, cant u just attach it to the case, cause all u do is need to hear the noise rite?