MS vs BitTorrent -- It's Tinfoil Hat Time, Folks

Discussion in 'News and Article Comments' started by Anti-Trend, Jun 21, 2005.

1. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

According to what PC Mag's John Dvorak is saying, it seems Microsoft just can't stand it when they're not the absolute monopoly in every aspect of the tech industry. Especially so when the competition is a free, proven technology that benefits everybody in a notable way. And the fact that such technology benefits everyone is no reason for MS to hold back the smear campaigns, either. No, I'm not referring to Linux (although, 'if the shoe fits'...), but rather BitTorrent.

[​IMG]

Of late, everyone's favorite monopoly has been especially busy spreading lies about BitTorrent, e.g. "it'll get you infected with spyware!", and pushing their own torrent alternative, Avalanche. Unfortunately, it seems that Avalanche is nothing more than vaporware at this point. Microsoft, when will the masses tire of your wanton ways?

2. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG HWF Guitar Freak

i say microsoft simply peacefully hands over windows to the linux or apple distributions so they can fix every damn problem.

3. ninja fetus

ninja fetus I'm a thugged out gangsta

zrock, that would take years and bill gate's ego won't let him.

4. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

it would save the world from most of their problems and why doesnt he just give it up, i mean hes got enough money to give 2$ to every person in the world!

how rich can you get?

5. Anti-Trend

Anti-Trend Nonconformist Geek

It's worth noting that BitTorrent traffic accounts for the majority of traffic on the entire Internet.

6. stinkfing3r

stinkfing3r Big Geek

torrents are awesome and i doubt ms will be any real competition in the community. Bitcomet for life!

7. ThePenguinCometh

ThePenguinCometh There is no escape

Some of us did a long time ago.

8. zRoCkIsAdDiCtInG

its just the point that the mass that has gone seperate ways has noticed the flaws in the operating system, everyone else clings to it because they're all stupid.

:swear: (haha im one of them) :p

9. Waffle

Waffle Alpha Geek

Agree totally as usual, but put yourself in Gates' position.

Could you honestly say you could make an announcement admitting your product is full of bugs and shouldn't be used, and that everything they worked so hard for is in fact over priced and already compromised?

No.

It would take a lot of nerve to swallow your pride in his situation.

10. syngod

syngod Moderator

Actually MS did say that about one of their products. After Windows ME, Microsoft admitted it was a rushed out release because they needed a cash cow in between 98 and XP when they weren't able to complete the total crossover of corporate/general public with Win 2000.