msi FX5600 install problems

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by iggyhealey, Nov 17, 2003.

1. iggyhealey

iggyhealey Guest

I have an MSI KT4V graphics board on m y Pc with the latest vesrion of the BIOS also installed.

I have just bought an MSI FX5600 TD256 graphics card.
    However this is not installing on to the motherboard. When I look in device manager it tells me that the drivers for the graphics card are not installed and it has the dreaded yellow exclamation mark against the VGA display hardware entry.

I have been to NVidia's wed site and found the following message below, was on one of their FAQ's sections;

"After installing my NVIDIA-based graphics card, every time Windows loads, I get an error stating that my graphics card is not installed properly. How can I fix this?

Check in your motherboard's BIOS for the option "Assign IRQ to VGA" and make sure it is enabled. If you do not see this option in your motherboard BIOS, please contact your system/motherboard manufacturer to see if this option is available on your system. All NVIDIA-based graphics cards need to have an assigned IRQ to operate correctly.Also, conflicts with drivers from previous graphics cards can also prevent the NVIDIA drivers from installing correctly. Please remove any drivers from previous graphics cards before installing the NVIDIA-based graphics card. If you are unsure how to do this, contact the manufacturer of your graphics card for assistance with removing their display drivers correctly."

I do not seem to be able to alter the settings in the BIOS to assign IRQ's to the AGP slot

I am running XP

Please advise!

:(

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Well, you're not going to be able to easily change the IRQ under XP. I'd try to reinstall the drivers from Device Manager. If that doesn't work, try another driver, preferrably one where you unzip it and install it manually.

3. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

did you install the drivers which came with the card or the latest ones? I suggest you try the latest drivers, as the exclamation mark usualy means an driver issue.