My new case

Discussion in 'Cases, Modding and Gallery' started by Big B, Mar 2, 2003.

1. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

One of my new toys for myself. It's one of those Antec/Chieftech/Chenming cases. Came with a full side window and front USB and firewire ports.

All I can say is that these things are nice. You don't even need to take off the 2nd side panel when putting drives in this thing. It's shorter by 2 5.25" bays than the full tower it's replacing, but that's fine. It came with 2 Sunon 80mm fans inside and room for 2 more.

Anyway, I've taken some pics and here they come!

Attached Files:

2. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Here's the inside of the case window. I ran some glowire around it and taped it down with clear packing tape. That tape works well and being clear isn't detectable if you overshoot the cutout portion of the window. When my cold cathode isn't on, it adds a little glow around the window.

Attached Files:

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Here's a shot of the guts of the system. I used some split-loom tubing and a lot of tie wraps to round the IDE and floppy cables. I've gotten better airflow with this setup. It took me several hours to do that, but it's well worth it.

Attached Files:

4. Sniper

Sniper Administrator Staff Member

looks very cool Big B! the inside looks quite clean (wires etc setup) but from the little parts I can see, its looks messy on the outside :p is that your Main Boxen?

5. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Yup, it's my main box. The wires from the back are just there, out of the way. I should take a vacuum and suck the dust bunnies away from their however.

6. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

Angled View... More to come. This is my old Computer.

Attached Files:

7. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

My new modded case will be in soon. Im just finishing it up, it'll be AMAZING, and blow away anything you'd ever believe

Attached Files:

8. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

And YES, I am abusing the attachments, If you want bandiwdth, i run a hosting company, no biggie.

Attached Files:

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

We don't care much at this point. We'll deal with it in the future. The attachment feature isn't being utilized that much---and I've probably been the one using it the most. I'd be more concerned if you were putting up 1600x1200 pics...
    Oh, yeah, modding is fun. I've been doing some work on my new case as well. Nothing like voiding the ol warranty :chk:

10. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Hey
    Wait'll you see my case....if you think his case is clean inside...just wait tomorrow ill post some pics!
    later

11. Sniper

cool, looking forward to it extreme4377!

12. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Hey
    As promised here are pics of my computer...and one of my 9700Pro with my brand newly added BGA ram sinks...enjoy, feel free to comment on it

Later

13. Sniper

I get this message

"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer"

will try again later, or could you post them here?

14. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Hey
    ya i recieved that too, i didnt think anyone would try this early..im sure itll work in an hour or two...I tried posting them here but the pics are too big and it wont let me....Ill try and find another server to use....Sorry about the delay!!!
    later

15. Sniper

if you want send the pics to me and I'll post them here for you! have you resized them? to reduce the file size? or used .jpeg format?

16. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

hey
    PM me your email address and ill send em to you! thanks bro
    later

17. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Hey
    that link works now....enjoy
    later

18. Skaeleen

Skaeleen Geek Trainee

Nice rig, as i said on AIM, dont like the wirejob, the rest looks great. Color mismtach though, go for a theme. Lookin good :D

19. extreme4377

extreme4377 Big Geek

Hey
    haha thanks Ska....Your system better kick some major ass otherwise im gonna give you sooo much shit! ;) haha jk i know it will! No doubt....I like my wire conduit and the red black and blue theme....ill wait for more comments :D

later

20. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I need to get a new blue cold cathode shortly since I killed my first one. Car neon's just don't cut it.