Need a psu advice

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by Nemowish, May 1, 2007.

1. Nemowish

Nemowish Geek Trainee

2. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

looking all good to me according to the wattage supply it has written on it....but i havent heard of this brand name.
    To get some information on PSU's, you can check [link=http://www.hardwareforums.com/power-supply-sticky-5218/]this thread[/link].

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

I don't know if LC Power is the same as L&C, but L&C seems to be grouped with such brands like Deer and Allied, both bottom tier PSU brands.

4. Nemowish

Nemowish Geek Trainee

im not sure if lc power is l&c
    but that lc power 550w will cost 50 euro a bit cheap than other prices
    normally a good model of 400 will cost about 70 euro
    but it looks good so i dont know what to do

5. donkey42

donkey42 plank

6. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

A good PSU in the 500-550W range runs anywhere from $80-100 in US online shops in most cases. If you need to save some cash, Hiper or FSP would be your best budget options for a solid PSU.

It's worth the money to purchase a good PSU. A bad PSU can damage and/or destroy hardware and cause instability, not to mention being unable to deliver the advertised wattage within reason. The up front cost is less, but it could ultimately cost you more in the long run. The power supply is a major factor in system stability and performance. If your parts can't get the juice they need, they may not run at full speed.

Buying high-end parts and putting a cheap PSU to save money or otherwise is like buying a Ferrari and putting regular in it because the premium it requires is too expensive. You won't be able to enjoy your upgrade if it's crashing or slowing down when you use it.

You don't need to buy a 1000W PSU, but a capable unit that won't cut corners is a must. One of the worst ways to save money is by purchasing a crappy PSU. Go with a slower card, a little less RAM, a slower CPU...just don't skimp on the PSU.

7. Nemowish

Nemowish Geek Trainee

great information thanks

8. Nemowish

Nemowish Geek Trainee

9. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

The specs look decent. The only thing that worries me is that the 650W version of the Trio line doesn't actually have 3 separate +12V rails, which is the buzz with the Trio name. I don't know if this applies to all the Trio's, but it is something to be aware of. If the +12V rail is giving you 30A or more, you should be fine.

10. Nemowish

Nemowish Geek Trainee