Need Cleaning Pad for a Dell 3100cn Color Laserjet

Discussion in 'Printers, Scanners and Digital Cameras' started by dglarson, Apr 5, 2010.

1. dglarson

dglarson Geek Trainee

Dell doesn't carry this item!!

The Dell 3100cn printer operations guide explains how to replace this cleaning pad and they actually they do supply 1, and only 1, when you purchase a new Drum cartridge. The Drum cartridge sells for $170 or so. I just bought a new drum cartridge and don't need a new one of those for the next 40,000 pages or so. This is a consumable item, i.e. its removable and its about 3/4" x 5/8". One side has a clip that fits into an arm that Dell calls the Cleaning Rod. This rod is inserted into the printer. The other side of the cleaning pad is foam with a paper-like cover that collects the excess ink. Given its size it can't be terribly expensive.

Can anyone help me locate a source?

On another forum (PC Review) a guy posted this same question back in 2006 and received an answer which satisified him but he didn't reveal the source or solution. I have posted a question to him but he has not replied. So I am posting this question here.

2. HardwareHunter

HardwareHunter Geek Trainee

I tell you what is it with Dell and maintenance of their products.

What about Amazon or Ebay those websites normally has alot of stuff being sold on there. However here is another website that you may get help on Dell Community.

3. dglarson

dglarson Geek Trainee

I appreciate your attempting to help, but I searched the site you mentioned and there is nothing there that fits what I am looking for.