need ethernet drivers

Discussion in 'Drivers and Firmware' started by jackdrew, Dec 10, 2007.

1. jackdrew

jackdrew Geek Trainee

hi i have formatted and re installed my os but i have no ethernet controller drives and my motherboard is a deluxe a7n8x motherboard so please help:D :D

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

3. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

That link doesn't work for some reason Impotence

try this: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

I think the drivers you need are all the way at the bottom of the page

4. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

yeah, the page the link points to still claims to be down for maintenance... thats been nearly 24 hours of "be back soon"

5. addy999

addy999 Guest

6. roobarb

roobarb Geek Trainee

Hi Guys, New to forum, and just saw this thread which hasn't helped me, but maybe you can please.
    I am trying to connect a second computer to my broadband, which I am entitled to do. The second computer has a socket for ethernet lead, but wont connect to Internet and I am being told it is because I don't have a Ethernet Controller installed on PC. I have a yellow question mark by this, and have tried uninstalling etc etc..ps I have only just acquired this second computer, so all is new to me..tried putting the CD for windows xp and searching to no avail.
    I have managed to connect the second PC to my Broadband by using the USB cable..However I need that USB cable for my first PC, because..and I don't understand this either, the LAN socket on the back of first PC is blocked over,so I can't use the ethernet cable on that one..
    Is it possible to download the Ethernet Controller to my PC, I have searched the Internet for downloads of this to Windows XP, and don't understand what I am looking for..Anyone can help, thanks in advance. Sorry not all that techie informed..
    Regrards roobarb..:(

7. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

So the problem here is that the second pc isnt detecting your ethernet card.
    Does this pc have onboard ethernet or a seperate ethernet card connected to your pci?

If its onboard, try and find out the make and model of your motherboard and ill try to find the right drivers for your onboard ethernet.
    If its a seperate card, whats the make and model of the card?

8. roobarb

roobarb Geek Trainee

Hi I'm not certain, but I don't think it can have the onboard ethernet , not certain how I would find that out..This PC has just been sold to me by a ex neighbour, and as it was handed to him too, information has been lost in the process.
    I've downloaded a program that gives me info about this computer if this helps to understand the problem..Here goes..
    Motherboard ID 07/24/2003-nVidia-nForce-6A61BA1BC-18
    Motherboard Name Abit NF7-S v2.0

Then clicking on Network, PCI/Pnp Network..it says
    Device Description Type
    nVIDIA MCP2 - LAN Controller PCI

This is what it reads in the Device resources section for Ethernet Controller
    (there's that yellow question mark going before)
    IRQ 10 Shared Ethernet Controller
    and this
    Resource Share Device Description
    Port E400-E407 Undetermined Ethernet Controller

Is there something else I can look at and show you to help the situation?
    Cheers..Regards roobarb

Does that tell you anything?

9. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

10. roobarb

roobarb Geek Trainee

I saw your reply this morning, and have to send you a thousand thank yous', followed your instructions and everything works perfectly...thanks for taking the time to solve this for me, I know with my limited techy knowledge I would never have found this solution on my own.
    Cheers Have a Great Day..Regards roobarb

11. cube_

cube_ Mega Geek

Glad i could help you out!!! ;)