Need Ie7 Help

Discussion in 'Windows OS's' started by FILMFLAM, Nov 10, 2006.

1. FILMFLAM

FILMFLAM Geek Trainee

Don't know exactly what info is necessary but i am using XP PRO SP2 and since I loaded internet explorer 7 I have not been able to open any of my files with a SWF extension. i get a blank page that says "done" in bottom left corner. any help would be appreciated

2. pelvis_3

pelvis_3 HWF Member For Life

Do you have the latest flash player installed?
    If you do, you may need to re-install it.

3. FILMFLAM

FILMFLAM Geek Trainee

Sorry pelvis, I should have given a better discription. yes, I did reinstall flash player. I also uninstalled IE7 and reinstalled it. turned off fire wall and all security and shut down the phishing system that comes with IE7.
    all of these SWF extensions worked with IE6. after install I ran my registry cleaner, did a disk clean and defrag.

4. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Maybe you need to change the file type handeling in the internet options so the FlashPlayer opens them? Only a guess.... :O

5. FILMFLAM

FILMFLAM Geek Trainee

Sabashuali, you could be right but i ain't that bright. couldn't find anything in internet options that said anything about file type handling. could you instruct further

thanks

6. sabashuali

sabashuali Ani Ma'amin

Have a slight problem - I only have Ie7 on my laptop at home, darn....
    I might be wrong and it is a setting in windows.

As soon as I am back at home next to the laptop, unlesss someone else posts, I will check and update you...

For comparison sake, is it possible to have the address of the file you are trying to open?

7. FILMFLAM

FILMFLAM Geek Trainee

Sabashuali, good news, I played around in the advanced section of internet options to no avail and then I clicked on "restore advanced settings" and everything works again.
    thanks for getting me to that area but I still don't know what made it work by hitting "restore advanced settings" because I had just installed IE7 and had never messed with anything in there.
    by the way i don't know how to post a link on here so if this doesn't take you can copy and paste this in your browser.
    this is a typical SWF link....
    http://www.cubpack81.com/images/carve_pumpkin.swf

8. FILMFLAM

FILMFLAM Geek Trainee

It might be interesting to see how many people can open the above link that are running IE7.

9. Karanislove

Karanislove It's D Grav80 Of Luv

itz working wif me....

10. Aldon

Aldon Geek Trainee

Hi,
    I am also running IE 7 and it has worked for me.
    No idea what the probley was sorry.

11. FILMFLAM

FILMFLAM Geek Trainee

Sorry guys, i just found the solve button but that "restore advanced settings" has done the trick for three people and everything else seems to be running fine. seems there was an awful lot of people having the same problem. some computers like my wife's were not bothered when she changed to IE7, others were.

thanx