Need Razr spyware any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tablets, Phones and Music Players' started by pcd12, Aug 4, 2008.

1. pcd12

pcd12 Geek Trainee

I recently bought my son a Razr v3m and need to install a spyware used to listen to his calls and the surrounding areas. Any direction to the right provider would be a great help.

2. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

I doubt you will receive any help for doing this from anyone here.... certainly not from myself anyway... Helping you do so would be completely Immoral.

My apologies if any of this causes offense, I'm trying to be a civil as i can.

Apart from being completely immoral and a complete disregard for your sons reasonable expectation to privacy, what you are trying to do is almost certainly illegal for two reasons:

1. Recording of telephone calls / listening in requires both parties (your son and whoever they talk to) to be aware that the call is being monitored in most American states, or at the very least your son to be aware of it in some states, any spyware is completely useless to you if you tell your son as he will just use another phone to talk about anything he does not want you to know about.

2. The 'bug' feature that allows you to listen to what the phone can hear around it can/would breach other peoples reasonable expectation to privacy which also makes it Illegal.

Like it or not, your son has rights too. Yes, your son is probably going to lie to you about things, but how the :swear: is he meant to trust you enough to be honest if you won't even begin to trust him?

I would suggest building a decent relationship with him so he feels that he can talk to you, instead of trying to control his life. before you get offended and start telling me that i shouldn't be telling you how to raise your kids, ask yourself if you *really* believe that your son can/will comfortably talk to you about his friendships, drugs (alcohol, cigarettes, narcotics etc), sex and anything else that he has to deal while growing up (when he gets into his teenage years, if he isn't already).

By trying to monitor everything your son does, he will only get better at hiding things from you. I believe the expression goes along the lines of the tighter you grip the more that slips through your fingers.

3. Big B

Big B HWF Godfather

Talk to your provider about chaparone features. I *think* the Razr's have that feature, and it can do things to limit what numbers can be called.

I'm not sure of any software off-hand, but due to privacy laws, they could be illegal. That's kinda dicey. I am for parental rights, and if the kid's under 18 and you're paying for his phone, if he's abusing this privilege, I'd just take it away. Also, the memory on the Razr without an expansion card would probably fill up rather quickly, but you should be able to check the number's dialed on the statement.

(Side note: I do believe a parent has the right to monitor their child. It's stupid to be held responsible for someone's welfare, and not be allowed reasonable accomodations to protect that person.)

4. RHochstenbach

RHochstenbach Administrator

I think that it's okay to monitor your child to protect him/her from any trouble that they might not understand themselves. This also includes monitoring IM and Email conversations.

I don't know what's going on in the US, but in this country there are criminals that pretend to be someone that want to be friends with your child. Then proposing to meet at a non-populated area, and then kill him/her.

But you should stop monitoring your child when he/she is 18 years or older, because then you don't have any right to do that anymore.

[ot]But every citizen in the US is monitored anyway. If you know too much, you just disappear. They either kill you or turn you over to the aliens that live beneath the white house.[/ot]

5. Impotence

Impotence May the source be with u!

Don't be silly, we all know the aliens are under the pentagon. Duh!