need some help plz

Discussion in 'General Software' started by jaggy, Jan 7, 2010.

1. jaggy

jaggy Geek Trainee

Hey guys, I need sum help, I'm trying to chat with my bf on skype video chat and he can see me but I cant see him. The funny thing is that we also set up gmail video chat and it's exactly the opposite- I can see him but he can't see me =(

I use windows xp he uses mac osx and I read up on some forums that the skype mac client is anything but great, but I just don't understand why one of our cams always doesn't work. I tried 3 facebook apps but they either did the same thing of didn't work at all. We found a workaround by running both gmail video chat and skype at the same time, but there's feedback on the audio and it just sux =(

Please help, he lives very far away and we don't get to see each other often.

thnx

Angela

2. bondcarl

bondcarl Geek Trainee

This seems to be a common problem and i found this thread on the skype forums with a lot of people detailing the same problems as yourself. Halfway down the page someone has posted some possible solutions to the problem.

Below is the link to the forum:

HTML:
    http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=272301
    Copy and paste that into the address bar on your internet browser. For some reason when posting the link, it would just re-direct you to the skype homepage.

Hope this helps