Need some help

Discussion in 'Video Cards, Displays and TV Tuners' started by Mihai, Jun 22, 2012.

1. Mihai

Mihai Geek Trainee

After experiencing some problems with my old graphics card (Gigabyte GeForce 9600GT 512MB DDR3 256-bit Zalman), I decided to buy a new one, ending up by choosing to buy a Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 OC 1GB DDR5 256-bit.

But the problems didn't stop there. As I got rid of the problems that I experienced with the old graphics card, I started having some others. When I am playing different games (the problems occur on every single game I play), I experience one of the following problems:

- The screen freezes for a few seconds, but it recovers and I get the "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered." error.

- The screen freezes, but instead of recovering, I get a blue screen with a message saying that the driver recovery timed out (I'm not very sure about how exactly this error sounds, but this is the main point of it - will edit to post it if I experience it the following minutes)

- The screen freezes and turns black, moment when my monitor reacts as if there it has no source, returning either the "No signal" or "Out of bounds" message.

Apart from all these, some of the times when I restart my computer I experience some problems with booting, as I get the "Scanning BIOS image in hard drive" followed by "BIOS auto-recovering", which leads to no solution. Only after several restarts and replugs, the computer manages to boot properly.

My system:
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @2.40 GHz
    Memory: Corsair XMS2 DHX 2GB 800MHz DDR2 CL5 Dual channel kit + Corsair Value Select 4GB DDR2 800MHz CL5 Dual Channel Kit
    Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-EG45M-DS2H
    Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD6850 OC 1GB DDR5 256-bit
    Power Source: Enermax MODU82+ 525W
    HDD: Western Digital 640GB SATA-II 7200 rpm 16MB Caviar SE16

If you need any extra information, I will be glad to give it away. Sorry if I have any mistakes in my english, as it's not my main language.

Thanks in advance.