network issues after PSU replacement

Discussion in 'Power Supplies and UPS's' started by shahram72, Jul 31, 2009.

1. shahram72

shahram72 Geek Trainee

I just replaced a power supply in my 3 year old emachines computer, which was experiencing random freezes and reboots. I bought a cheap PSU from ebay because you just don't sink a lot of money in an old emachines. the new PSU works great, but now I have internet connection issues. It connects, and windows diagnostics detects no problems, but it is VERY slow, yahoo won't even load. I wired everything like before. On the old PSU, the 4 pin that goes next to the big connector on the MB was never connected, even tho there is place for it on the connector, so I left it this way with the replacement PSU. I did connect the black black yel yel connector near the CPU like it was before. Amazing how you fix one thing and create another problem. Thanks for the help, and I don't want to hear crap about emachines, I kno, I know, I have built several PC's in the past, but I don't have time for that anymore. And emachines are computers like anything else, and can be fixed the same way. This machine was better than anything I ever built. I'd just like to get it running again. I'd get a new comp, but I'm one of those "underemployed" people they never talk about on the news.

And hello to all, Hope to be some help around here as well as needing help. You guys probably nknow tenfold more than I do, but around my friends and family, I am the expert.

Oh, and one more thing, the new PSU is a bit louder, my PC was silent before. I know, it's a cheap one,just thought there might be a way to slow it down.

2. shahram72

shahram72 Geek Trainee

Well, looks like my first post is a bust, I found the problem. It wasn't the power supply, which made no sense anyway, it was the Netgear AC line ethernet bridges I was using. They just crapped out after working great for about a month. They did this before after working great for months and I tried them again so I guess they work intermittently. I used an extra $10 ebay 802.11g card I had lying around and it works great. Now lets see if the computer reboots or freezes with the new PSU.