New build compatibilty concerns

Discussion in 'New Build / Upgrade Advice' started by JamesEnquiry, Mar 5, 2014.

1. JamesEnquiry

JamesEnquiry Geek Trainee

Hi, I'm looking to build a new gaming PC on a lower budget. Not planning on overclocking. I've already picked these:
    my old Corsair GS600 for power
    GIGABYTE 970A-DS3P
    AMD FX 6300 with Cooler Master Hyper 212+ EVO
    Corsair Vengeance Black (2x4GB) DDR3 1866
    or
    Kingston 8GB KIT DDR3 1866MHz CL9 HyperX Beast Series
    ASUS GTX650 TI-PH-1GD5 or if anyone could recommend a comparable ATI
    Western Digital Black 1000GB 64MB cache as a system drive.
    Any pointers would be welcomed.
    Also deciding between these two cases:
    Corsair 330R and Fractal Design Define R4. I'm also planning to mount an extra 120mm fan in front of the lower HDD cage, but 330R has the HDDs sideways, could that become a cooling issue?
    The price difference on my market is about 30 dollars in favor of 330R of course.
    Thanks very much for any advice!
    Excuse any mistakes, English's not my first language...

2. Wicked Mystic

Wicked Mystic Big Geek

Forget both memory. They have ultra tall heatsinks that are useless and will restrict your memory installation.

AMD R7 260(X) is alternative.

Buy Western Digita blue instead.

I don't think sideways HDD's will cause any cooling issue. Fractal R4 also have HDD's sideways.

3. JamesEnquiry

JamesEnquiry Geek Trainee

Thanks for your reply. I see your point with the RAM, it'll be quite a squeeze with the CM Hyper 212+EVO. Just have to wait and see, because I've already ordered them... I've seen some clips where they fit, so hopefully...

In the end I did order the R7 260x but still went for the WD Black.

About the case, I read a local review where there was said that the lower HDD cage in the FD R4 can be rotated 90 degrees and not only 180. But if it's not a problem sideways then even better.

Thanks again.